Hand Sanitizers and Disinfectants Protection Time
Disinfectants are the forefront of daily hygiene. Hand sanitizers, aerosols, and disinfectant wipes are all used throughout the day to keep surfaces and people clean. Hand sanitizers, disinfectants, wipes, and pumps are everywhere. Keeping your hands clean with soap can prevent the spread of viruses. With so many options, how do you know which one is the best?
We all know the fact that hand washing has become necessary to stay protected. It is because it's one of the best ways to stay healthy and avoid getting viruses. It also protects your hands from the dryness that hand sanitizers cause. But the issue with hand washing is that its inconvenient. There isn't always a sink and soap around to keep your hands clean. That is why hand sanitizers are so common.
Disinfectants take a different approach than hand sanitizers and hand washing. Disinfectants are used to kill germs on surfaces. This protects cross-contamination onto a person. These can be useful if used repeatedly.
Hand sanitizers paired with hand washing and disinfectants seems like a viable solution to the problem of the need for constant hygiene. Germs spread and need to be controlled, especially in these startling times. With a lot of specific information up in the air, here is some information about hand sanitizers and disinfectants that you should know.
HAND SANITIZERS AND DISINFECTANTS: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW?
The word sanitizing and disinfecting are often used interchangeably, however, these are different from each other. A major difference between these is that sanitizing can reduce the number of microbes on the surface, while disinfecting can kill most of them. The main objective of both is to provide you protection from germs that can make you sick.
How long do hand sanitizers and disinfectants really work?
Hand sanitizers and disinfectants do not last very long. According to a recent survey, about half of Americans assume that a hand sanitizer works longer than it actually does. As per gem experts, it is two minutes. A medical correspondent of CBS News Dr. Jennifer Ashton told a co-anchor of “Early Show” that it is important two minutes though. Within the first two minutes after application of the sanitizer, microbes left over are fought off to limit reproduction of harmful bacteria. Although sanitizers don’t offer 100% protection, they are effective to prevent germ transmission.
Hand sanitizers and disinfectants are useful when a surface is contaminated. Although the application of a sanitizer or disinfectant is essentially only effective once for every case of contamination on skin and surfaces, they are useful for protecting individuals against bodily infection.
CDC RECOMMENDATIONS ON WHEN AND HOW TO USE HAND SANITIZERS:
The CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) recommends hand washing with soap and water whenever it possible. This is because hand washing can reduce the number of overall germs as well as chemicals from your hands.
If water and soap are unavailable then here are some CDC recommendations regarding hand sanitizers use. Make sure to consider these to ensure the effectiveness of hand sanitizers and disinfectants properly.
- If water and soap are unavailable then make sure to use a hand sanitizer containing about 60% alcohol. It is because alcohol-based hand sanitizer can help you to avoid spreading germs and getting sick.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizers are capable of reducing the number of microbes from hands quickly. These hand sanitizers can inactivate various types of microbes effectively when you are going to use it properly.
- To ensure the effectiveness of hand sanitizer avoid removing it before it’s dried. Also, use enough volume of sanitizer to remove maximum germs or microbes from your hands.
- Hand sanitizers aren’t effective to use when your hands are greasy or dirty visibly.
- If your hands are exposed to certain chemicals such as pesticides or heavy metals, then washing them with water and soap is necessary.
- Hand sanitizers with higher alcohol concentration are more effective at killing germs.
- To use a hand sanitizer, it is better to apply it to the palm of your one hand. And, then rub it all over the surfaces of both hands. Let your hands get dried. However, check out the label of the product to understand the right amount to use.
BENEFITS OF HAND SANITIZERS AND DISINFECTANTS:
Hand sanitizers and disinfectants kill potentially harmful bacteria and viruses; protecting individuals and others. Here are some key advantages of hand sanitizers and disinfectants you must know:
Portable hand sanitizers and disinfectants have an active role in the current Covid-19 virus pandemic. Contamination of surfaces and skin can happen from a wide variety of circumstances, including coughs, sneezes, and even common air exposure. Hand sanitizers and disinfectants are simple, portable, and effective, making them extremely convenient.
Prevents the Spread of Germs
Frequent use of hand sanitizers and disinfectants play a crucial role in controlling the spread of harmful bacteria and viruses. Hand sanitizers and disinfectants commonly kill 99.9% of bacteria and viruses. Sanitizers and disinfectants can limit transmission between people and surfaces, effectively acting as a preventative measure.
NEGATIVES OF HAND SANITIZERS AND DISINFECTANTS
Hand sanitizers and disinfectants can be very beneficial in controlling the spread of bacteria, but in moderation. Overuse of these products can cause various problems including dry skin, infection, as well as alcohol poisoning. Here are some cons of more frequent use of hand sanitizers and disinfectants:
When you use hand sanitizers or disinfectants more frequently, they can start to remove your skin’s natural oil. This can lead to multiple symptoms including:
- Ashy or grey skin colour
- Cracks or fine lines
- Flacking, peeling, or scaling.
- Deep cracks or redness.
Most hand sanitizers and disinfectants contain higher amounts of alcohol. Therefore, swallowing a hand sanitizer can lead to alcohol toxicity. Keeping them away from children is necessary to avoid accidents.
Reapplication of hand sanitizers and disinfectants is needed each time contamination occurs. this can lead to overuse and negative health effects.
AIRDEFENDER® - THE MODERN HYGIENE SOLUTION
Are you looking for the right product to keep yourself protected from harmful viruses and bacteria? Give our product a try. airDefender® is a revolutionary development in modern hygiene. Here are our key features that make it a better product for you:
- airDefender® kills and blocks 99.9% of viruses and bacteria
- Our patented formula creates a germ barrier to kill and reduce both bacteria and viruses on your skin for an incredible 10 hours!
- Alcohol-free and tested by SGS for skin allergy and oral toxicity.
- Effective for all-day usage
- Reduces any unwanted odors
- Soft and Gentle formula keeps your skin hydrated
- Unscented and Hypoallergenic free
- Spray that is easy and convenient to use
The demand for effective hand sanitizers and disinfectants has grown dramatically due to the current pandemic. The spark of much needed innovation in the health industry has pushed technological advances into the common market. Our revolutionary product is the solution for modern hygienic needs. Visit https://airDefenderuk.com/ to learn more!